Holiday Season has officially started! You will be visiting friends and family and if you don’t want to show up empty handed, we have a great DIY gift idea for you! Cookie Mix in a Jar! We like the below recipe as the ingredients look really pretty when stacked in the jar 🙂 Just get a 1 liter (1 quart) jar, fill it up with the ingredients below, and make it pretty with a nice ribbon 🙂 We call it Holiday in a Jar!
HOLIDAY IN A JAR
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan
- Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart or 1 liter jar, in the order listed.
- Attach a tag with the following instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter (softened), brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 egg and 1 tea spoon of vanilla. Combine the flour and baking soda; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips, cranberries, and pecans. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still doughy. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.