Here is our first product to review: Almonds!!!
Let’s give you a little background for this powerful nut. The almond is a species of tree native to the Middle East and South Asia. It was spread by humans in ancient times along the shores of the Mediterranean into northern Africa and southern Europe, and more recently transported to other parts of the world, notably California, United States. Today, the United States is the largest producer in the world.
We say they are very powerful as they are packed with lots of nutrients. Almonds are a source of vitamin E, copper, magnesium, and high quality protein. Almonds also contain high levels of healthy unsaturated fatty acids as well as dietary fiber and antioxidants.
Stated below are some of the verified benefits of this tasty, crunchy wonder of nature:
- Healthy Hearth: Almonds contain high levels of healthy unsaturated fatty acids in addition to a lot of bioactive molecules (such as fiber, phytosterols, vitamins, other minerals, and antioxidants) which can help prevent cardiovascular heart diseases. Vitamin E is an effective antioxidant and also reduces the risk of heart diseases, while the presence of magnesium in almonds can help avoid heart attacks.
- Healthy Brain: Almonds also contain two vital brain nutrients, riboflavin and L-carnitine, which have been shown to increase brain activity, resulting in new neural pathways and a decreased occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease. Many mothers give almonds to their children every morning as they have long been considered an essential food item for growing children
- Strong Immune System: Almonds are great sources for alkali materials, and this is known to benefit the strength of the immune system, as well as increase the ability to stave off diseases and various health conditions.
- Weight Management: The mono-unsaturated fat contained in almonds satisfies appetite and prevents over-eating. The dietary fiber in almonds also contributes to the sensation of being full, despite eating only a small amount. Studies have revealed that an almond-rich, low calorie diet is good for obese people to assist in shedding their excess weight.
- Protection against Diabetes: Almonds also help to reduce the reactionary rise in glucose and insulin levels after meals. This modulation offers protection from the dangerous spikes in blood sugar which diabetics often suffer from following a large meal, or a meal with an unexpectedly high level of sugar in it.
- Healthy Bones and Teeth: Phosphorous in almonds can have a considerable impact on the strength and durability of bones and teeth, while also preventing the onset of age-related conditions like osteoporosis.
- Regulated Blood Pressure: The potassium present in almonds helps to regulates blood pressure, and almonds are very low in sodium, which helps to control fluctuating blood pressure
- Healthy Pregnancy: Almonds contain folic acid, which helps reduce the incidence of birth defects in newborn babies. It also stimulates healthy cell growth and tissue formation
What else can we say? There are many other benefits, we have only mentioned a few above. So what are you waiting for? Just grab a pack of almonds and enjoy the health benefits on the side.